With the implementation of extended ordering options in swisscovery, the most popular lending services of the University Library of Bern via swisscovery are free of charge for all UniBE employees:
- Media delivery via nationwide SLSP-Courier
- Media delivery by mail
- Digital copy orders
- Interlibrary loan orders
You are eligible for these new benefits if you use them at the UB Bern (e.g., couriers collect materials on the UB Bern campus) and if you have a correct registration. Make sure you order services from UB Bern as follows:
- Media delivery by nationwide SLSP courier: Select «Further request options» to choose a UB Bern pick-up location.
- Media delivery by mail: Select «Pick up on site,» and then select «Mail order.»
- To ordering digital copies: Select «Pick up on site» or copy order
- Make Interlibrary loan orders via Interlibrary Loan UB Bern
Other fee-based services of the University Library are not free for UNIBE employees (e.g., Scans EoD of historical holdings; for details see tariffs). Unfortunately, UNIBE employees are not exempt from overdue fines and replacement fees.