FAQ questions and answers on library and catalog
- To access media, you need to register for swisscovery via the SLSP registration platform.
- Registration is free of charge.
- If you have any questions about registration, please consult the instructions, the FAQ or contact our staff via email@example.com / +41 31 684 92 11.
- In addition to registration, a valid user card is also required to obtain services.
- The former IDS user cards and the UNICARD are still valid.
- You will receive new user cards after registration on site in your library.
Search, order, pick up and return
- The research platform swisscovery University and PH Bern includes the holdings of 475 libraries of the SLSP network.
- The search can be limited to the holdings of the University and PH Bern (including UPD, Inselspital and Swissmedic).
- Instructions for searching, borrowing and downloading can be found on our website. Answers to questions can also be found in our FAQ.
- The SLSP courier delivers media from SLSP courier library to Bern at a charge.
- The free Bern courier applies to the majority of the holdings of the University Library of Bern.
- You fetch open access holdings from the shelves yourself.
- Media that you order to another location can be picked up there as soon as a pick-up notification has been sent.
- Please return media from libraries that are not involved in the courier service directly to the library from which you took them.
- This also applies to interlibrary loans that you have made via the University Library of Bern.
- Media can also be returned at your own expense by post to the library from which you took them.
Extending the loan period
- The loan period of media borrowed via swisscovery is shown in the user account.
- For further information, please refer to the regulations and the tariffs.