In BORIS Portal, the relevant information on research projects at the University of Bern can be collected centrally.
Researchers can thus
- make administrative processes simpler and more efficient (project management, reporting to funding institutions)
- use and manage documents throughout the entire cycle of a research project
- create their profile as a researcher and link it to other pages and databases
- import data to their own web pages or to the institute's web pages
- If possible, project information already available in other systems (e.g. project databases of research funding institutions) can be imported. Likewise, data and their metadata can be exported from BORIS Research Project to internal or external partner systems.
In its basic functions, BORIS Portal allows you to
- Capture of completed and ongoing projects (funded and collaborative projects)
- capture local, national and international research collaborations
- Capture of internal and external institutional collaboration partners
- Recording of personnel responsibilities within projects (roles)
- Linking of projects, persons and publications
In addition, BORIS Portal provides the governing bodies of the University of Bern with information for developing and sharpening the research profiles and research strategies of the university, faculties and units. Among other things, BORIS Portal enables and facilitates
- the targeted promotion of science (e.g. promotion of young researchers, scientific collaboration)
- the evaluation of national and international networking of institutes and their activities in projects
- the overview of awarded funds and their sources (implementation still open)
As a public platform, BORIS Portal is intended to create transparency about the research activities of the University of Bern for a broad public.
For the business community, BORIS Portal can offer uncomplicated contact to researchers.