Scopus Interdisciplinary bibliographic database covering natural sciences, medicine, technology and social sciences, arts and humanities
AGRIS - International System for Agricultural Science and Technology Comprehensive search engine in food and agricultural scientific literature
Discover e-journals in your subject area with BrowZine. The best starting point is here: Sustainable development journals
Web of Science Research platform for information in the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities
GreenFILE Bibliography covering all aspects of human impact to the environment including content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, etc.
Consultation hours for literature research
Our subject librarian for Sustainable Development provides support at various stages of the research cycle:
- Finding scholarly and grey literature
- Using specialized databases
- Developing search strategies
- Citation management
- Systematic review support
Please make an appointment by e-mail. Consultations can also take place via Teams or Zoom.
- Literature on sustainable development (formerly Sustainable Development Library)
- Wide range of scientific and interdisciplinary literature on all aspects of sustainable development
- Books and e-books, journals (print and online) and DVDs
- Open access holdings for research and teaching as well as for the interested public
More literature on sustainable development can be found in the Muesmatt Library, in the Geography Library and in closed stack areas and can be requested through our online catalog swisscovery Universität und PH Bern.
Centre for Development and Environment (CDE)
CDE is Switzerland’s centre of excellence for sustainable development. One of the University of Bern’s strategic research centres, their task is mainstreaming sustainability throughout the university’s research and teaching.