Theology and Humanities
Opening hours Basisbibliothek
- House roules of Unitobler apply in all Unitobler libraries (document in German)
- Wireless network (network of the University of Bern)
- Orientation system to help find libraries, rooms and services in the Unitobler building
- Study spaces for daily or long-term use (loan per semester, more information here)
Borrowing and returning
- Borrowing rules are based on the regulations of the University library of Bern. Registration with the Swiss Library Service Platform (SLSP) is required for borrowing media and using other services of the Bern University Library (with SWITCH edu-ID via the SLSP registration platform free of charge (further information and instructions)
- To borrow items use the electronic self-checkout terminals on the premises or go to the check-out points (Basisbibliothek BTO, Lerchenweg Library)
- Special collections can be ordered via swisscovery Universität und PH Bern and picked up at the Basisbibliothek within a week
- Items checked out by another user can be reserved via our online catalog and will be ready for pickup in the Basisbibliothek for one week after they have been returned (notification by e-mail)
- Media from non-circulating collections, course material on presence shelves and the latest issues of journals are excluded from borrowing
- Books from all libraries can be returned in the Basisbibliothek or in any library connected to the local courier or the Swiss courier / SLSP courier
- The return boxes in the institute libraries can only be used for book returns from that particular library. The return boxes may not be emptied daily (please read the information on the boxes)
To order items from abroad or from libraries outside the national courier service, please use the order form available on the website.
Courses and tutorials
Tutorials and guided tours for groups:
For information about courses and tutorials in the Unitobler institute libraries, please check the corresponding website.
Coffee Lectures in the Unitobler Library
Coffee Lectures for the Humanities
News and useful information about research in the humanities in 15 minutes, organized by the University Library and the Walter Benjamin Kolleg.
Orientation in the Unitobler building
Room information system
The Mediascout displays all rooms, institute libraries, service locations (e.g. Uniprint stations, catalog terminals) as well as library holdings and shelfmark groups.